May 01, 2009

Everything is set for the opening!

Today, my husband and I weeded and picked up garbage at the Museum to get ready for the opening tomorrow night. While my work is there my husband and I are donating time to keeping the sculpture garden clean. I am saving all of the garbage we pick up and making a sculpture for the museum at the end of the show. It will represent how much garbage passes through the Melvin Schuler Sculpture Garden over the next 8 months.
Opening reception is tomorrow 6-9pm come by if you can, and if not tomorrow Encased in Concrete 88 will be at the museum for the next 8 months, so try to go by.
Morris Graves Museum of Art
Eureka, CA

2 comments:

  1. I hope the opening went well for you Monica. I'm looking forward to watching how the pieces settle in over the next 8 months. Thanks for the work that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is fascinating. You have found one of the best ways to re-use things--make art. Love the work, and all vacuum cleaners should be turned into sculpture.

    ReplyDelete